A much awaited new member of our team arrived this week. Marisa Glassman is the newest addition to our Business Development team, working with the always amazing John Hecklinger. The BD team is responsible for identifying and working with corporate and other institutional partners, as well as large individual donors. The team helps these partners enhance their direct and customer- and/or employee-focused giving programs.
While many conferences are represented by the team at GG, there is an historic tilt toward the ACC – with folks from UNC and University of Maryland dominating, supported by representatives of Virginia and Duke. Our interns, on the other hand, have also represented the SEC well – including Syracuse, Pitt and, of course, Georgetown. Well, Marisa straddles both worlds. With an undergraduate degree from Georgetown and a just-conferred MBA from the Flagler School at UNC, March Madness promises to be a conflicted time for her.
Here are a few things about Marisa
- Between degrees, she worked for four years in the publishing business. Yes, books, those things that don’t (necessarily) come on a screen
- She is is from Montclair New Jersey and has one younger sister
- She counts Almost Famous, Garden State, and Rent among her top movie picks
- Her music tastes are “so varied it’s impossible to narrow down a favorite” (i feel another Pandora fan in the making)
- She has traveled to, and worked in, a number of locations, but Costa Rica and Thailand are her two favorite destinations
We are all glad to welcome Marisa to the team!!